Basic Disaster / Emergency Response Course
Duration: 24 hours
The Basic Disaster/Emergency preparedness course covers:
- Disaster Preparedness
- Leadership in SANID
- SANID medical Operations
- Fire Safety
- Disaster Psychology
- Search & Rescue
- Terrorism Awareness
- Cribbing & Lifting
- First Aid
This course is 24 hours long and is taught either over 3 full days or over 4 days, 6 hours per day.
- The course is designed to teach the community how to respond to an emergency in disasters
- Develop Response plans
- Identify and familiarize Participants with the necessary equipment for safety and casualty care.
- Participants will also have an understanding psychological reactions of the rescuers during and after a disaster and how to deal with stress
- Describe and perform ways of search and rescue and how to protect rescuers during search and rescue.
- Define terrorism, Identify what should be done when suspicion of a terrorist action.
- Perform color coded triage to the international standards and to perform Cribbing & Lifting in assimilated disaster situation.